Deadline:March 8, 2019
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 4-month intensive fully sponsored entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early stage social entrepreneurs of between 18 – 29 years with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 20 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises.
The Africa YES 2019 program will run from 30th March 2019 to 27th June 2019 (every Saturday 9.00 am – 1.00 pm) in Nairobi.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are out to create viable businesses as but create impact in their local community and beyond.
- LEADERSHIP AND BUSINESS ACUMEN SKILLSOur hands-on training sessions delivered by experienced facilitators are tailored to help you become a great entrepreneurial leader equipped with 21st century skills that are vital in helping your venture grow
- BUILD & GROW YOUR VENTUREOur practical and real-world sessions mean you get to apply what you are learning each week to your venture while getting feedback to help you grow and your venture grow
- ACCESS FUNDING UP TO 15000 USDAt the end of the 12-weeks program, 3 fellows will be selected to immediately receive up to 15,000 USD in grants, which is a zero-equity funding. You will also be connected to other funding opportunities available.
- ACCESS NETWORKS, MENTORS & OPPORTUNITIESAs part of the program, you will connect deeper with other social entrepreneurs, mentors and other entrepreneurship ecosystem players, including exclusive opportunities and workshops
- ACCESS 3 MONTHS CO-WORKING SPACEA minimum of 5 participants will receive a 3-month membership that will give them full access to work from a co-working space so as to grow their ventures.
- POTENTIAL INTERNSHIPSParticipants may benefit from potential exchange program with young social entrepreneurs in South Korea and get opportunities to interact and intern with South Korean companies and organizations.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must solve a clear social problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least five paying customers or making a revenue of at least $200
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from March to June, 2019
- The applicant can commit to do weekly assignments/tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
How to apply:
Deadline: February 28 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa Program seeks emerging leaders who have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and are at earlier stages of their journey.
From government, to civil society, to the private sector and beyond, we’re looking for changemakers who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good within their sphere of influence and have clear potential for impact and commitment to integrity.
- The Foundation covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in South Africa, and shared dormitory accommodations during the dates of the in-person convening.
- Leaders are responsible for covering any costs related to acquiring a passport and obtaining a South African visa.
What to expect from the programme:
- Leaders are required to participate in a 5-day convening from July 10th to July 15th in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2019;
- Leaders are required to take part in intense online and virtual programming activities throughout the program year, for approximately eight hours per month. This includes interactive webinars, accountability group meetings, peer review of action plans, and discussions around the values-based leadership and challenges facing ethical leaders;
- Leaders are committed to ongoing learning and peer mentoring through in-person gatherings;
- As active stewards of the program, Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Foundation to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be accepted into the Leaders: Africa program.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must currently reside in an African country (it is okay to reside in an African country other than the African country of your nationality).
- You must be between 24-40 years old on February 28, which is the closing date of the application.
- You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
For technical enquiries:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for technical issues.
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa program will inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across the African continent through a core set of shared values and leadership skills. Together, they will form a network of innovative and ethical changemakers and positive role models who will be well-prepared to create tangible solutions to the biggest challenges in their communities, countries, and continent.
Deadline: February 28, Midnight ET
YouthLead is announcing its new YouthLead Ambassador activities for young changemakers. We seek a self-directed and motivated youth with a proven track record in mobilizing other young changemakers and youth in the course of their change making activities.
YouthLead Ambassadors are local changemakers with a proven track record in mobilizing other young changemakers and youth in the course of their change making activities. Applicants need to have demonstrated that they can mobilize youth. As well as tech-savvy to navigate and post on the YouthLead platform and have a basic understanding of social media tools (Facebook and Twitter). (Applicants need to have a profile on YouthLead).
Applicants will commit 4-6 hours per month to fulfill their role between March 15, 2019 through September 30, 2019.
Applicants must be:
The 9th of February 2019, turned out a huge blessing for a selected few Corpers in Keffi, Nassarawa State. These set of determined and resourceful individuals were engaged in a soft skills acquisition Hangout.
They were given practical coaching on:
On the Skill of Assertiveness
At the end of the day, we were quite certain, that assets have been made of mere graduates. Need we say, that these skill sets are just a tip of the iceberg and merely a fraction of what we have to offer. The objective is to revamp the labor market and create employers of labor.
We can and will totally achieve this, one person at a time. Help us help you prepare for the future by signing up to our Corpers Mentorship Platform
Our mentors are waiting to guide you through the future at no cost.