Deadline: February 28 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa Program seeks emerging leaders who have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and are at earlier stages of their journey.
From government, to civil society, to the private sector and beyond, we’re looking for changemakers who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good within their sphere of influence and have clear potential for impact and commitment to integrity.
- The Foundation covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in South Africa, and shared dormitory accommodations during the dates of the in-person convening.
- Leaders are responsible for covering any costs related to acquiring a passport and obtaining a South African visa.
What to expect from the programme:
- Leaders are required to participate in a 5-day convening from July 10th to July 15th in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2019;
- Leaders are required to take part in intense online and virtual programming activities throughout the program year, for approximately eight hours per month. This includes interactive webinars, accountability group meetings, peer review of action plans, and discussions around the values-based leadership and challenges facing ethical leaders;
- Leaders are committed to ongoing learning and peer mentoring through in-person gatherings;
- As active stewards of the program, Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Foundation to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be accepted into the Leaders: Africa program.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must currently reside in an African country (it is okay to reside in an African country other than the African country of your nationality).
- You must be between 24-40 years old on February 28, which is the closing date of the application.
- You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
For technical enquiries:
Email: email@example.com for technical issues.
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa program will inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across the African continent through a core set of shared values and leadership skills. Together, they will form a network of innovative and ethical changemakers and positive role models who will be well-prepared to create tangible solutions to the biggest challenges in their communities, countries, and continent.